Monday, August 2, 2010

Running For Joe

Equinox Marathon Course Map and its ridiculousness.


Hey!  I wanted to plug that I’m running the tough-as-nails Equinox Marathon in Fairbanks on September 18th as a fundraiser for my cousin Joe Vogel and his family.  He's been a HUGE inspiration to me, my running and life in general.  The same can be said for so many other people's lives he's touched, too.  This makes-ya-wanna-sweat-just-looking-at-it course spends just over half of the distance traversing about 2,000 feet in elevation on mostly wooded, uphill ski trails within UAF, then connecting to Ester Dome Road and a few trails all the way to the top - only to repeat most of the same type of course on the way back down.  My legs will be screaming, "STOP!" many times, I'm sure, but doing it for Joe will only keep me going no matter what Alaska's terrain throws at me.


Please, show your support by visiting the website above and donate whatever your pocketbook might allow.  All thoughts, prayers, and contributions are greatly appreciated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment